Thursday, October 21, 2010


I was inspired after watching the movie Julie and Julia. Julie cooked all 524 of Julia's recipes in 365 days, kept a blog, wrote a book and then the movie was made. Something about cooking fascinates me, I tear out pages from magazines, buy food magazines and cookbooks but rarely use them. Mmmmm.... why? Another example of no-one tells me what to do - not even me!!

Also I watched Jamie Oliver's travels in Italy and again was inspired by the episode at the monastery. The monastery was famous for it's cooking and herb garden spanning back centuries. Jamie was disappointed in the food the monks ate - mostly processed and the herb garden had been decimated - the monks didn't have time - prayers mostly I presume. Anyway, jamie decided to cook for and with them and what a difference that made for the monks. I decided I would cook from his recipe book and this was my first attempt - I used thin bacon instead of prosciutto but it still tasted absolutely delicious. The lentils, lemon and herb will become one of my favourite side dishes. I went out and bought more herbs today to plant. It was a lovely feelinglast night picking parsley, coriander and mint and using linda's lemons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...